Im very chuffed to have been awarded a grant from Arts Council England again for a Research and Development stage of the project!
This year I will be developing my own practice by:
PRACTICING TO SHARE
- Spending time with Six amazing Artists who work Nationally and Internationally on live art, social art, longer term projects and activism.
- Spending time in the LADA Study room, researching artists and projects whose work can influence/challenge my own practice and project.
- Visiting Tanja Ostojic in Berlin and working with her for a couple of days.
I will also be researching how I can develop the project Statements in Semaphore locally in Aldershot, where I am both Artist and resident through:
CONVERSATIONS WITH ALDERSHOT
- Reflecting on the work I have done over the past three years.
- Basing myself at the West End Centre in Aldershot as their Associate Artist.
- Exploring and meeting with existing local organisations and support groups/agencies in the community.
- Exploring the existing/previous arts activities locally, what partnerships exisit already, what potential partnerships there are.
- Mapping and documenting all of this in some way.
- and think about where SIS can fit into or positively challenge what is here already?
I will be documenting and sharing the process of this time via FB and Instagram as well as some longer blog posts on here. Please check out what I am doing and connect if you would like to via or the Social Media links at the bottom of the page.